Life with PlayStation
Initially released as Folding@Home and later superceeded by Life with Playstation is an application for the PS3, installed in the XMB:Network column
- Live Channel - provides dynamic content organized by city. The content provided includes news, live camera feeds, cloud data and weather.
- Folding@home Channel - provides the protein-folding simulation in real time.
- PlayStation Network Game Trailers Channel (LWP1.2)
- World Heritage by α CLOCK channel (LWP1.1)
Life with Playstation 1.22
Last version: On November 6th 2012, Sony terminated the services available through Life with PlayStation® application (When launching the apps, only a message is display to thanks the users and how to quit the apps by pressing the PS button)
Life with Playstation 1.2
- Added support for video playback.
- Added support for photo slideshows.
- Exclusive content for PlayStation®3 System owners in the US: PlayStation®Network Game Trailers Channel is now available.
Note: Videos are now available in the United Village channel with this update.
Life with Playstation 1.1
- Added support for adding and removing channels dynamically.
- Added a local time display in the LIVE CHANNEL.
- Updated Mood categories for automatic music selection.
- Added support to enable Folding@home Expert Mode which disables all other channels and features that may impact simulation performance. Folding@home Expert Mode can be activated by navigating to: Options > General Settings > Folding@home.
Life with Playstation 1.0
- Added PSP remote play
- Added "main selector menu" with functions separated in plugins .sprx dependant of .xml setting files
- Only Folding@Home
- Generic info: http://www.playstation.com/life/en/index.html
Setting Auto-Start (this option might not be available anymore since FW 4.30)
Life with PlayStation® will be started automatically if the PS3™ system has been idle for a certain amount of time. Select (Life with PlayStation®) under (Network), press the button, and then select [Auto- Start] from the options menu. Off Set not to automatically start Life with PlayStation®. After 10 minutes Start Life with PlayStation® after 10 minutes. After 20 minutes Start Life with PlayStation® after 20 minutes. After 30 minutes Start Life with PlayStation® after 30 minutes. Hint [Auto-Start] is disabled when the PS3™ system is not connected to the Internet.
SETI@home on PS3: