| This article is marked for rewrite/restructuring in proper wiki format.
You can help PS3 Developer wiki by editing it.
- OtherOS++ with SS Patches
- Linux Kernel with glevand's/graf's patches (red ribbon rc6 will do the trick, since it has the embedded kernel)
- [the exploit] / [version ports]
- NOR console with a NOR dump (the exploit isn't adapted to NAND consoles yet, no MMIO available)
- Start a normal session from red ribbon (or any other distro you might have)
- Extract the contents of bootldrexploit to your home folder
- Open your terminal and type as root:
- Compile the lv1 peek poke kernel module:
- Insert the lv1 peek poke kernel module:
- Change directory to the exploit dir
- Compile the exploit
- Make a nor dump by typing
- Execute the exploit
- It should show the status as status A0082. This means you've succeeded. check your dump for the keys.
dd if=/dev/ps3nflasha of=nor.bin bs=1024
./lv0Decrypt 0 nor.bin buffer.bin
hexdump -C dump.bin > test
- for the latest version of red ribbon, don't forget to also change dir to /usr/src/[your linux headers folder]/ and type make modules_prepare
- in the eventual case you get status 89 no matter what you do, replace the function writeResponsePackageChecksum with this one : http://pastie.org/private/fyirapl8w78j462ggxmsyw