|Releasedate||6 April 2016|
|sys(GXArena FW Repo)|
|Releasedate||6 April 2016|
|rec(GXArena FW Repo)|
|Releasedate||6 April 2016|
Main Features in System Software Update 3.50
- You can now create events. Select [Events] > [Create Event], set the date and time, number of players who can join, and other details, and then send invitations to players you want to play with. You can also create events in [Messages].
- Play Together has been added to [Party]. For online multiplayer games that support the Play Together feature, you can automatically invite other players and start game sessions immediately.
- Notification messages are now displayed when Friends go online. You can change the setting in [Settings] > [Notifications] > [When Friends Go Online].
- You can now use Remote Play on a computer (Windows PC or Mac) that has PS4 Remote Play installed. To do this, download the PS4 Remote Play app, install it, and then connect to your PS4™ system.
- You can now broadcast gameplay on dailymotion.
- You can now change your online status to offline, even if you are actually online. When you log in to the PS4 system, select [Log In With Online Status ‘Appear Offline’] from the options menu. You can also change your status from your profile screen or the quick menu. However, please be aware:
- Within a game, you may appear online to other players.
- Your use of social features (such as ‘Share’) may be visible to other users.
- When you sign-in on PS3, PS Vita or PS TV, you will appear online.
Other New or Revised Features in Version 3.50
- You can now send event or party invitations to groups or communities.
- You can now share other players’ activities. In What’s New, for example, select an activity to share, and then select ‘Share Activity’.
- When uploading screenshots or video clips, players can now tag others they’ve played games with. To choose who can tag you, select [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Privacy Settings] > [Sharing Your Experience] > [Tags].
- Depending on the content, verified accounts are now displayed on the content info screen so that you can follow the accounts more easily.
- PSN Status: to quickly check the status of the PlayStation Network Services, you can view this via Settings > Network.
- Teen Account Creation: Teens (aged 13 – 17 years) can now create their own account and start playing in offline mode until parents approve the account and complete the parental control set up at their leisure.
- PlayStation Plus Hub: Plus members can now enjoy easy access and management of their online storage. You can also see from your PS Plus Games which of your friends also play your monthly Plus games.
Our next major system software update for PS4, version 3.50 (codenamed MUSASHI), is out tomorrow!
While we outlined some of the features last month before our beta program started, we wanted to give a more detailed look at the update and share some new info. We’re making it easier to play together with friends, adding the ability to appear offline, and more. New Social Features Appear Offline
PS4 System Software 3.50 - Appear Offline
On your Profile tab, we’ve added a new option called ‘Online Status.’ From here, you can choose to ‘Appear Offline.’ This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your friends knowing you’re online. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile, or by holding down the PS Button on DualShock 4 to bring up the Quick Menu. Friend Online Notification
PS4 System Software 3.50 - Friend Online Notification
Now you can choose to get notified when your friends come online. To receive notifications, select a player on your friends list, press Options, and select ‘Notify When Online.’ User Scheduled Event
PS4 System Software 3.50 - User Scheduled Event
PS4 System Software 3.50 - User Scheduled EventPS4 System Software 3.50 - User Scheduled Event
On the Events tab, we’re adding the ability to schedule gameplay sessions with your friends. Just select ‘Create Event,’ and you’ll be able to make an invitation for an upcoming gameplay session. Choose the day, time, game, and send it off to your friends. When your event starts, users who registered will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
You can also share an event to a group, or a community that you’re a member of. Once shared, the event will be sent as a message, or posted to a community wall, and members can register from there Play Together
PS4 System Software 3.50 - Play TogetherPS4 System Software 3.50 - Play Together
This feature allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together. Other New System Features Remote Play (PC/Mac)
PS4 System Software 3.50 - Remote Play PC
With this update, we’re expanding PS4’s Remote Play capabilities to work with Windows PC and Mac. Remote Play on PC / Mac is compatible with the following system software:
Windows 8.1 Windows 10 or later OS X 10.10 OS X 10.11
You’ll be able to select from the following resolution and frame rate options, depending on your Internet bandwidth.
Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p (Default: 540p) Frame rate : Standard (30fps), High (60fps) (Default: Standard)
You can use one DualShock 4 as the controller for Remote Play, which needs to be connected to your PC / Mac via a USB cable.
After the system software update launches, you’ll be able to download the Remote Play Installer here.
Along with PS4’s 3.50 system software update, PlayStation App version 3.50 is out tomorrow as well. The main new features of this update are as follows:
User Scheduled Event Users can schedule gameplay sessions with friends
Dailymotion has been added to Live from PlayStation Other players’ shared activities appear in your activities
That’s a look at some of the big additions in this update. Of course, there are lots of other refinements and improvements to the system software overall.
Let us know what you think in the comments. As always, we’re listening and appreciate the feedback!