PlayStation 4 Camera
| This article is marked for rewrite/restructuring in proper wiki format.
You can help PS4 Developer wiki by editing it.
Playstation 4 Camera[edit | edit source]
See also Discussion page
RRA filing: http://rra.go.kr/board/device/view.jsp?app_no=201317100000152603 22 August 2013
Specifications[edit | edit source]
|Overview of Technical Specifications|
|External Dimension||approximately 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (height x width x depth)|
|Cable Length||Cord length: 200cm approximately|
|Connection Type||PS4 dedicated connector AUX (USB 3.0-derived)|
|Capture Range||30cm - ∞|
|Camera lens||Dual camera (move like)|
|Aperture||f/2.0 /fixed focus|
|Field of view (FOV)||85°|
|Video Format||RAW16/RAW8, YUV422/YUV8 (greyscale)|
|Video Frame Rate||
|Color depth||12-bit tonal gradation (=4096 tonal levels)|
|Microphone||4 Channel Microphone Array|
Available functions[edit | edit source]
- photo, video
- voice commands (available as well with an earset with microphone)
- depth calculation/imaging
- pad, move, face, head and hand recognition/tracking
- one of the cameras can be used for generating the video image, while the other used for motion tracking.
Hardware review[edit | edit source]
- OV580: Back chip connected to Aux port is labeled OV00580-B21G-1C. The OmniVision 580 ASIC is not publicy documented (without signing a NDA with Omnivision), so it seems to have been made specially for Sony (other companies using it are Mantis Vision and LeapMotion) out of the 500/600 serie of processors.
others Omnivision USB bridge solutions: PlayStation EyeToy(OV519) and PlayStation Eye (OV534).
- OV9713: The 1-megapixel Image Sensors are two CMOS OV9713.
- AK5703: The Front chip connected to microphone array, labeled 5703 324A, is a 4-channel 24-bit Analog-to-digital (A/D) converter packaged in a space-saving 28-pin QFN package. Datasheet is available here and here.
- 4g51a: EEPROM is labeled as 4g51a. It contains the initial configuration for PlayStation 4 Camera.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mouseover for different pictures.
Videos[edit | edit source]
(The C-Note Files - Episode 12: Tutorial - PS4 Face Recognition)
(The C-Note Files - Episode 13: Tutorial - PS4 Voice Recognition)
Analysis[edit | edit source]
Project[edit | edit source]
- PS4 Camera on linux/OSX: https://github.com/ps4eye/ps4eye / http://ps4eye.tumblr.com/
- https://github.com/bigboss-ps3dev/PS4EYECam/ / http://bigboss-eyetoy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/ps4eyecam-released.html
(The PS4 camera is USB 3.0 only and is not compatible with USB 2.0 systems. See also AUX page)
External references[edit | edit source]
Generic[edit | edit source]
- Gesture recognition: Enabling natural interactions with electronic
- Softkinetic Patent: Computer video-game system with body position detector